Learn how to build an android XMPP chat app from scratch.We build an android chat app based on XMPP using the Smack Java library in this course. The app is built from scratch and students are guided through the entire process. We start by exploring what XMPP is and the basic building blocks behind it. We then open our IDE and go through the detailed process of building an Android XMPP Chat app that supports sending and receiving (one:one) messages,, adding and removing contacts , managing your contact list , profile pictures and more. All of this backed by a local SQLite database back end to store the data we need locally.
What you'll learn
- Build XMPP Chat Apps on the Android Platform.
- Send ONE:ONE messages with your App and Incorporate Profile Pictures.
- Build Contact List and Friendship Control into your XMPP Chat Apps
- Build Profile Picture Support in your XMPP Chat Apps
- Build great looking Chat UIs for your Android Chat App.
- Roll out an SQLite database backend to save your Contacts and Chat Message Logs.
- Practical Uses of Android Threads and Services
- The Android Plumbing Necessary to Build a Modern Chat App
Who is this course for
- Anyone who wants to build Android Chat Apps
- XMPP Newbies looking to get their feet wet building real life Chat Apps on the android platform.
- Anyone willing to learn how great looking Chat UIs are built.
- Anyone who just finished their first Android Book/Course, willing to have a non trivial intermediate project under their belt.
- Anyone who wants to have a good practical Android project pinned on their CV
- This course is about building an XMPP Client on Android. We do not cover how to setup an XMPP Server. The instructor provides free XMPP Accounts on his server for enrolled students.
Get in touch. We're there for you
If you want to get in touch for any inquiries on the one of our courses , we have somebody always available to answer any of the questions and respond to any need within 24Hrs. We currently offer support under the channels below :
- Basic understanding of the Java Programming Language
- Basic familiarity with Android Studio and the Android SDK
- Should have a PC or Mac with internet connection
- Should have the Java JDK, Android SDK and Android Studio Installed
- Nothing more , I'll teach and show you anything else you need
30 Day Money Back Guaranty. No questions asked
If for any reason you are unhappy with any of our course purchases, we offer a 30 day money back guaranty .Just contact us within 30 days on any of our support channels above with the email you used for your purchase and we will issue a full refund immediately.